When you were growing up, how did you brainstorm the future? I capital aerial cars – I advised abounding a aerial car as a little kid. I capital hover boards. I capital Nikes with a agglomeration of air bubbles on them.
It sounds like your eyes was shaped by Back to the Future, II. Yeah. Oh, man, I adulation that cine so much. You can see so abounding influences from my new anthology awning [Graduation, featuring Marty McFly's affected Nikes]. It's crazy how movies can affix with pop culture. I aswell capital one of those machines from Star Trek. Where's my "Beam me up, Scotty" machine?
How do you appraise the accepted accompaniment of America? I don't apperceive what's traveling on. I don't even watch abundant TV. The alone account I apprehend is what ancestor up on Yahoo! if I'm blockage my e-mail. Right now that account on Yahoo! is about an underwater pumpkin-carving contest. I'm accomplished with humans just getting acceptable at what they do. I wouldn't apprehend a baby-kisser to be able to recite the third ballad on my album.
What excites you a lot of about the future? Technology. What will be accessible ten years from now? Will cars be solar-powered, and if they're solar-powered, again would we charge to accept a war? What's agitative for me alone is music and fashion, and acceptable a absolute designer. It's time to present the apple with a lot of abundant product, edge her it's beheld or sonic.
You assume able to adumbrate trends, to break one footfall advanced of pop culture. How do you do that? You accept to anticipate like a designer. You accept to authorize the trend four seasons afore it becomes popular. As a musician, there's alone a few humans I could analyze that to – Bob Dylan has the aforementioned affair – but there are a agglomeration of designers that do that: Murakami and Marc Jacobs. And Yves Behar, who designs watches and computers.
You like to alarm yourself a designer. I capital to be a artisan afore I capital to be a rapper. I wish to authorize myself as somebody with artistic ideas. Once you get that respect, you can just accumulate traveling and going.
What performers do you see accepting a above appulse on the approaching of music? It's so harder to tell. There will be so few. it any. Chromeo has a affected sound, but what artists amount now who mattered twenty years ago? The Rolling Stones still advertise a lot of concert tickets, but they don't amount in an "Oh, my God, did you apprehend that new song?" blazon of way. I anticipate designers will advance us into the future. Obviously, humans who architecture technology, all the humans who plan for Steve Jobs – those are the guys who will acrylic the world.
So what artisan can break accordant over the years? Jay-Z, the greatest hip-hop artisan of all time. Tupac was great, but I never capital to dress like Tupac.
How is technology alteration music? Who knew that downloading would yield almanac sales down so much? With Graduation, I became allotment of the culture. If I alone this album. I capital to be a allotment of that technology. As a result. I had the a lot of downloaded anthology in history.
The cast ancillary is that humans can rip off your music. I like to advertise as abounding albums as possible, but added than that, I like as abounding humans to apprehend the songs as possible. All those humans that banned the album, there's a adventitious they'll appear to the concert, or play the music for their kids, that these songs will affix in altered ways. Thai's added important than sales. My ambition is arena stadiums, and I don't anticipate accepting millions of actionable downloads hurts that.
Selling out stadiums – you complete absolutely optimistic about the future.
I'm optimistic about everything. I go anywhere from optimistic to ambiguous delusional.
This adventure is from the November 15th, 2007 affair of Rolling Stone.
No hay comentarios. :