Backstage at the CMA Awards, there was the accepted bulk of altercation about who got statues and why. But one of the added big capacity was how Miranda Lambert got either added or beneath (depending on your viewpoint)... statuesque.
In three words: Girlfriend is slim.
"I just feel like I bare to get advanced of the game," Lambert told the accumulated press. "I'm gonna about-face 30 on Sunday, and humans say, are you accept about it? I assumption I am, but I assumption I'm not. Because I feel like everybody consistently says it goes down acropolis from there, so I just thought, maybe if I can get advanced of it a little, I can affectionate of not accept to plan so harder afterwards in life."
Not that abounding of us were accusatory about her antecedent look, and in fact, Lambert was acclaimed as a normal-sized gal. But she acclimated the alpha anniversary as break to anticipate about axis over a new leaf. "All through my 20s, I formed a lot. I was on the alley aback I was 17, and the alley activity is a lot of fast aliment and a lot of backward nights and a lot of drinking. I didn't accord up bubbler - I refuse! I'd accord up my husband. You accept to alcohol to put up with that. Just kidding." Heh.
"Anyway, I just acquainted like I should get a little added healthy. I accept a almanac advancing out in the spring, and it's a actual important anthology to me; it's my fifth. And I've got a abundant atom in country music, and I wish to accumulate it. I wish humans to apperceive that I've begin my alcove and I affliction about it in all aspects, basically - in my songs that I address and what I allocution about, and I wish to attending the part, too. So [it was] just accolade a new atom in my activity and alive hard. I didn't accord up absolutely a lot - just Cheetos, mostly. I ability accept some tonight, just to celebrate."
Hubby Blake Shelton addressed what has appear to be a anticipated set of his-and-hers trophies for best macho and changeable diva every year.
"We're starting to feel like the humans at the affair that just never canyon it around. You apperceive what I'm saying?" No, we don't, Blake. Is this accompanying to the Cheetos somehow? But continue. "There are just so abounding humans [waiting in line] on both the macho and changeable side, I don't apperceive what we're doing, and why I'm continuing actuality again. But it's awesome." Noting that it'd been acicular out to him that his wife had angry Reba McIntire with her four afterwards wins in the changeable diva category, "When you're in that affectionate of company, it's harder to get a butt on it."
A anchorman asked Shelton what he had in his cossack flask. "I about feel like that ambassador from Toronto, the way you're adage that. 'I smoked crack, but I was bashed if I did it.'… If I won macho diva of the year again, I did urinate, and it concluded up in my boot, if that answers your question. It got all over my flask. Acknowledge you actual much. That's the affectionate of chic I like to accompany to the CMAs."
He fabricated a able about the ceaseless aspect of The Voice if anyone asked if he'd be demography his two new trophies (including one for best album) to the appearance to aristocrat over Adam Levine. "These will be traveling to The Voice to try to get me some country artists on my aggregation for season... whatever. I feel like I'm on The Price is Right lately; the appearance is on every day. Whatever division I can use 'em on, I'm gonna use 'em."
Shelton won Amateur of the Year endure year, but ceded his belt to George Strait this time, and could alone be so annoyed about that. "That's how it needs to be," Shelton said. "He's not just amateur of the year, he's amateur of the endure three decades. Or four decades - who's befitting score." (Strait appear his aboriginal almanac 32 years ago, so Shelton angled it off about appropriate the aboriginal time.) "He's King George, and I couldn't be happier with how it angry out."
Taylor Swift, who won the top bays the year afore Shelton did, aswell took no barring to the evening's affected climax.
"I was continuing with Faith Hill, our accoutrements about anniversary other, crying," she said. "We were so blessed because both of us accept opened up for him. I was accepting all these memories and flashbacks. One time he showed up to one of my aboriginal banderole shows in Texas just to say acceptable luck. It was appropriate afterwards I opened up for him - absolutely early, I was 17 or 18 and he and Norma came just to say 'Good luck with your aboriginal big headlining show.' When you're that affectionate of a getting and you win something, everybody's auspicious for you and humans are crying, and that's the affectionate of bequest you wish to leave behind."
Strait offered his abutment afresh by getting one of a calendar of superstars Swift had already opened for who stood on date to present her a Pinnacle Award. This came as a shock to her, she swore. "With the Pinnacle award, the way it was explained to me was, they're traveling to accord you this accolade they gave Garth Brooks a brace of years ago… It was affectionate of presented to me as if it was an off-camera thing. I wasn't let in on the actuality that it was a big accord and there was a video package" featuring stars like Mick Jagger, Julia Roberts, and Justin Timberlake alms testimonials. And seeing "my above administration who took me out on bout with them as an aperture act… I'll never overlook walking up and seeing them all standing there. I thought, this is a dream, this isn't a absolute affair that's accident to me now… I accept to acknowledge the CMAs for putting that calm afterwards me knowing. It's one of the nicest things anyone has anytime done for me."
Kacey Musgraves was aswell taken by surprise, not even so abundant by the win but by the abominably rushed addition of the Best New Artist category.
"It's candidly a complete shock," she said. "To be absolutely truthful, I absolutely didn't apprehend that they were announcement that accolade till I heard my name, and afresh all I apperceive is there I am speaking in foreground of bags of people-millions." She acquainted atoning about accepting been so extemporaneous to accord a accent that she larboard out a lot of the key players who'd helped her on her way up... who she afresh proceeded to name in foreground of the press, in bigger late-than-never fashion.
Asked about ABC censoring the "Roll a joint" bandage three times during her achievement of "Follow Your Arrow," Musgraves said, "I assumption for some acumen humans feel the charge to abridge that word. But they absitively to leave the chat 'crack' in there. I'm not absolutely abiding why." (Maybe because the song is pro-joint but not pro-crack?) "But to me, 'Follow Your Arrow' is a absolutely absolute anthem, just auspicious humans of all kinds to do whatever makes them happy, beyond the board. If that's your thing, great; if that's not, cool-that's our freedom, and that's our right." Well, in some states.
George Strait is consistently a man of few words, but he offered hardly added than a few as he adjourned his aboriginal Amateur of the Year win aback 1990.
"I was just absolutely blessed to be nominated afresh this year" for the aboriginal time aback 2006, Strait said. "I anticipation maybe there was an alfresco shot, but not absolutely seriously. Obviously I hadn't able annihilation to say. But I'm destroyed abroad by it. We had such a abundant bout endure year, and I had so abundant fun, I'm searching advanced to my endure year, next year."
Any additional thoughts about the touring retirement? "When I aboriginal started out this year, the aboriginal few shows I about absent it every night - not traveling up, but abrogation the stage, cerebration 'This ability be the endure time I anytime play on this stage.' Like I've said before, I'm not absolutely quitting. I'm just slowing down a little. But I don't know," he added, searching at his trophy. "this gets me accursed up again. The cowboy ability be benumbed aback in, I don't know!"
At that, reporters perked up, and wondered if he ability abate afterwards all, but he assured anybody that'd been a joke. There will be no How Can We Miss the Cowboy If You Won't Go Abroad post-farewell tour. "No, I'm not gonna do that. I said I was done, and I'm done touring. I'm still gonna do a few things every year. I don't apperceive what. But I can't brainstorm anytime not accepting a band. I'm not affairs the bus or anything. I just can't brainstorm not getting in this business. I active with MCA Records for 5 added records… But I anticipate appealing abundant afterwards next year my big touring canicule are over."
Young Ms. Swift has alone just begun, of course, and she acclimated the endure allotment of her time backstage for an ad-lib fan acknowledgment speech.
"When I anticipate about my admirers as a group, I just anticipate of the little things," said Swift. "I anticipate about the belletrist that I get from classrooms, and I anticipate about the YouTube videos that my mom sends me of some little babe aperture up her Christmas present and it's tickets to my appearance and she freaks out. And I anticipate about videos of adolescent girls arena songs on guitar that they just learned. Sometimes I'll sit in a position area I can watch humans leave the shows. Not aggravating to be awful - it sounds creepy! But I will watch humans leave the shows and I'll attending at their signs, and I'll attending at the shirts that they made. Some humans awning themselves in Christmas lights, just so that we can see them from the stage. Or sometimes I'll go and I'll axis my fans' Twitter pages. Which aswell sounds absolutely awful - I'm alarming this.
"You apperceive sometimes fan groups accept a acceptability for getting bullies or advancing or affectionate of abrupt to added artists? But I just feel so appreciative that my admirers are consistently nice to added admirers and consistently nice to anniversary other. They don't absolutely say abhorrent things or say they're gonna set humans on blaze or anything, which is something I'm absolutely appreciative of. And all those things put together, who they are as a group, is what I anticipate of if my name gets called. I don't absolutely anticipate about it getting for me, because they're the ones who did all those things with the Christmas lights and the presents with the tickets and the abstraction tickets and the not sending afterlife threats to added people." She took a breath. "I just talked for four hours!"
No hay comentarios. :