Bobby Cannavale, Woody Allen's Big Guy

1:11 p.m. No Comment
Sony Pictures Classics Bobby Cannavale in 'Bule Jasmine'.

Bobby Cannavale, dressed in a crisp, aphotic suit, stops to button his anorak as he enters the chichi 21 Club in midtown Manhattan. He's actuality to babble about his latest movie, Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine (you know, the one that should win Cate Blanchett an Oscar). But he alone has a few account afore he's due on the set of Will Gluck's Annie, where he's starring adverse Quvenzhane Wallis as an adviser to Jamie Foxx's Daddy Warbucks. But that's just Bobby – he's acclimated to getting busy. With addition cine (Brother's Keeper) starting next ages and following his Emmy win for Boardwalk Empire, he's the acknowledgment of the town. So Rolling Stone tracked down the New Jersey built-in to apprentice added about activity with Woody Allen. And here, with a smile that charms and a attendance that intimidates, it's no admiration that Hollywood's allocation him up.


Why Blue Jasmine Is Peter Travers' Ninth-Best Blur of 2013


How did you apprentice you got the allotment in Blue Jasmine?To this day, I don't apperceive how Woody Allen knows me. My abettor just alleged one day and told me that he capital to accommodated for lunch. Everybody was cogent me, 'He's not traveling to attending you in the eyes.' And if I absolved into his office, somebody even told me I didn't charge to yield my covering off, because who knows how continued the affair is traveling to last. So I was absolutely intimidated. And the aboriginal affair he said was, "So can you shoot?" and I said "Yes!" I hadn't asked for the time off of Boardwalk Empire yet, so I went aback and luckily Terry Winter said, "We're traveling to get you out of actuality anyway."

There wasn't any audience or testing?
Not really. He just knew he capital the guy to be big, so he kept avaricious my amateur and saying, "Oh you're big. You're big. You're a big guy." I acquainted like beasts getting inspected. Afresh he just says, "Can you accord me three weeks in August?"

Did you apprehend any Woody Allen belief afore the shoot started?
I watched Robert Weide's documentary about him. And I'd heard all kinds of stories, too – humans accepting abhorrent experiences, others accepting the best adventures of their lives. But he was altogether nice to me.

So it's simple cutting with him?
It was terrifying! He's not about giving compliments. The better acclaim that he gives is if he doesn't say you're accomplishing something wrong. If he leaves the room, afresh you apperceive you've got it.

Did you adore it?
You never apperceive if you're traveling to accept that befalling again. So I was stalking him on set. Honestly. I anticipate that he noticed, too. I was there if I didn't charge to be. I would yield my armchair and move it afterpiece to his. Sometimes he would attending aback abashed and say, "Oh, you're still here?" Of advance I was! I was acquirements aggregate I could. He even accomplished me some of his little tricks. He has this ambush he does with a division area he plays with it in his fingers. . .

How are you adequate Annie?
I've consistently capital to do a musical. I'd been call this big ball arena with Cameron Diaz back September and we assuredly attempt it a brace weeks ago. Every blur I try to do something that I've never done before. It's boxy in this business, you know? Humans see you do something they like and afresh they just wish to see you do it over and over again. That's why I did this movie.

And is Jamie Foxx absolutely the showman anybody makes him out to be?
Listen, Jamie Foxx could run for ambassador if he acquainted like it. He's the funniest guy – that guy can actor anybody.

What's his go-to impression?

He does a abundant Barack Obama, a abundant Tom Cruise, and man, does he accept a Kanye West consequence in the bag. He even did an consequence of a abrasion the added day. I told him that I'd apparent a abrasion in my house, and he was anon like, "Did he do one of these?" And it was the best consequence of a abrasion I've anytime apparent – I didn't even apperceive that was a thing. I died.

No hay comentarios. :

 
Copyright © CelebrityWeddingsBlog | Powered by Blogger